Perfect for birthdays or a signature dessert menu. Maplehurst® Plain Cake Rings coated in chocolate buttercream, with candy pieces of your choice in the center. Sprinkle with additional candy pieces and serve with whipped cream and an optional candle.
- Sour Patch Kids
- mini peanut butter cups
- whipped cream
- candy sprinkles
- 24 Maplehurst® Plain Cake Rings, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bake donuts at 375°F for 3 minutes, then let cool.
- To prepare buttercream, beat butter until creamy, then add sugar and cocoa, mixing well. Stir in milk in two additions, stirring after each. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- One at a time, spread 2 cake rings with buttercream and stack on top of one another. Allow to set.
- Fill center of donuts with candy so that it flows out of the top. Pipe a dollop of whipped cream on top and garnish with candy sprinkles.