Inspired by the vibrant flavours of the Mediterranean, this Tuscan-style seasoned cod with roasted vegetables is a colourful, rustic dish enjoyed as is, or serve on a bed of frisée lettuce or other sturdy leafy greens to play up the salad element.
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 ml) drained marinated artichoke hearts
- ½ cup (125 ml) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 portions High Liner Fire Roastersâ„¢ Rustic Italian Cod
- In large bowl, combine fennel, garlic, tomatoes, artichokes, olives, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread out on a large greased or parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet; bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; push mixture aside in order to make room for cod portions to lay flat on baking sheet. Return baking sheet with fish and vegetables to oven; bake until fish is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.