Cheddar and bacon smoked in-house offer a savory complement to fresh baked apple pie.
- 1 Whole #09270 Chef Pierre® Apple Unbaked Hi-Pie®
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Applewood smoked bacon strips, prepared
- ¾ cup Apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp Hot water
- Remove pie from packaging and thaw at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat convection oven at 350° F with sheet pan on middle rack.
- Starting inside of the crimped crust, cut through the top crust around the pie and remove the top.
- Combine the apples in the pie with the cheddar cheese.
- Chop the prepared bacon and evenly distribute onto apple-cheese mixture.
- Break apart removed pie top into medium-sized random pieces (silver dollar size).
- Place dough pieces evenly on top of apple mixture. Place pie on preheated sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes, rotating 180° after 30 minutes.
- Combine apricot preserves and hot water and brush mixture over pie crust. Return pie to oven for 10 more minutes.