A smoky spin on a traditional cheese fondue.
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 75 ml dark sweet beer
- 125 ml coarsely grated Balderson® Double Smoked Cheddar
- 10 ml cornstarch
- 2 ml dry mustard
- 2 ml paprika
- Rub the bottom and sides of a small saucepan with the garlic; discard garlic.
- Pour beer into saucepan; bring beer almost to boiling over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine Balderson® Double Smoked Cheddar, cornstarch, mustard and paprika.
- Gradually stir cheese mixture into saucepan, whisking continuously until mixture just comes to a boil and is thick and smooth.
- Keep warm over low heat or transfer to a fondue pot. Serve warm.
Keywords: Lactalis Foodservice, Smoked, Cheddar, Fondue