Topped with tasty, lemon-herbed shrimp, this warm lentil and vegetable salad is a comforting entrée at any time of year. For additional protein and interest, top each serving with crumbled feta cheese, and increase the number of shrimp if desired.
- 24 High liner culinary pacific white shrimp, raw, peeled & deveined, tail-on (product #5748)
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Prepared herb vinaigrette dressing
Warm lentil salad:
- 227 g french green (de puy) lentils
- 710 mL water
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 Sprigs thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 Large stalks celery, diced
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 1 Large carrot, diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- In a bowl, toss shrimp with olive oil, thyme and lemon zest; let marinate for 30 minutes. (Or, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
- In a saucepan, combine lentils, water, bay leaf, thyme sprigs and salt, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until lentils are just tender. Drain off any excess water, if necessary. Cool; remove bay leaf and thyme. Set lentils aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over low to medium-low heat; melt butter. Sweat celery, onion, carrot, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste, until tender-crisp. Cool and combine with lentils.
- To order, season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Sear in a preheated cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for about 1 or 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, reheat lentil mixture with desired amount of prepared herb vinaigrette. Serve shrimp on a bed of warm lentil salad and garnish with additional sprigs of thyme, if desired.