A jumbo cappuccino, served with stir-stick kabobs of mocha-glazed and sugarrolled Maplehurst® Cake Holes, and a small cup of salted caramel sauce.
- 6 ounces confectioners’ sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 1½ ounces whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces caramel sauce, prepared
- one big pinch kosher salt
- 3 cappuccino coffees
- 9 Maplehurst® Plain Cake Holes, thawed
- 9 Maplehurst® Chocolate Cake Holes, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake donut holes at 375°F for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine 3 ounces confectioners’ sugar, instant coffee, cocoa powder and whole milk. Whisk well until smooth. Coat chocolate cake holes with glaze, then place on parchment paper and set aside.*
- Place remaining 3 ounces confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Roll plain cake holes in sugar and set aside.**
- Skewer chocolate glazed cake holes onto 3 skewers, then skewer plain sugared cake holes onto 3 remaining skewers.
- Combine the caramel sauce with the kosher salt and serve in small ramekins. Or use your favorite prepared salted caramel, dulce de leche or fruit sauce.
- At service, prepare the cappuccinos and serve with the cake hole kabobs along with a side of salted caramel sauce. Serve immediately, while warm.
*Glaze cake holes while warm.
**Sugar cake holes while hot