Beer and pizza – the perfect flavour combination. Adding beer to this traditional pizza dough recipe helps to replace some of the yeast, while adding a slight beer undertone to the crust. Delicious.
- 180 g Ardent Mills® Bakers Hand™ All-purpose Flour (up to 60 g extra depending on absorption)
- 7 g instant yeast
- 5 g sugar
- 4 g salt
- 160 ml beer, very warm, 48° to 55° C (120° to 130°F)
- Preheat oven to 220° (425°F).
- Combine 120 g flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add very warm beer; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for approximately 4 minutes, adding additional flour as necessary, until smooth and elastic.
- Let dough rest, covered for 15 minutes.
- Roll crust out to a 30 cm (12 inch) circle and transfer to a lightly greased pizza pan.
- Dress as desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.