Chicken Pad Thai, a traditional Thai street food dish, is made with small chunks of cooked chicken, rice noodles, an assortment of veggies and seasonings, tossed in a savoury sauce.
Pad Thai Sauce:
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) fish sauce
- 4 tbsp (50 g) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tamarind paste
- 1 pc lime, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sriracha
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 4 cups (700 g) rice noodles, 1/4″ thickness
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 pcs garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 10 shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 cup (95 g) red pepper, julienne
- 3 cups (375 g) Reuven Fully Cooked Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Strips (Product Code 11102)
- 1 cup (240 g) bean sprouts
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 g) peanuts, unsalted, crushed
- 4 garlic chives (or scallions), cut into 2″ strips
- 1/2 cup (95 g) baked tofu (optional)
- 1 lime (garnish)
- Soak rice noodles in enough warm water to cover for 1 hour.
- Pad Thai Sauce: In a small bowl, mix together fish sauce, paprika, sugar, tamarind, vinegar, sriracha lime juice and zest, set aside.
- Pad Thai: In wok or large skillet, heat oil; add garlic, tofu (optional) and chicken, stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Push chicken mixture to one side of the pan; pour eggs in on the other side. Lightly scramble eggs, mix into chicken. Mix in drained softened rice noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute, then add red pepper and pad thai sauce mixture toss until absorbed and reduced. Add half beansprouts, half peanuts, and garlic chives, mix and steam for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with remaining bean sprouts, peanuts and lime.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 449
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 1,014 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 184 mg
Keywords: lunch, dinner, chicken, Pad Thai, oven roasted chicken, rice noodles