Shake up the classic Canadian cocktail by adding tart pineapple, potent tequila, fresh lime juice and jalapeà±o hot sauce for a Mexican-inspired sipper. The best part? Grilled halloumi!
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coarse sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) kosher salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 6 oz (175 g) Salerno Halloumi Cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Gay Lea Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lime juice
- 2 cups (500 ml) Clamato juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) pineapple juice
- 4 oz (125 ml) lime juice
- 4 oz (125 ml) tequila
- 2 oz (60 ml) vodka
- 10 dashes hot sauce, jalapeà±o
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- ice cubes
- Stir together sugar, salt and lime zest. Spread out on small rimmed plate.
- Pour lime juice into separate small rimmed plate.
- Dip rims of 4 to 6 highball glasses in lime juice, then into sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Thread halloumi and pineapple alternately onto small wooden skewers.
- Whisk together honey, melted butter and lime juice; brush all over skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until well marked and glazed.
- In large pitcher, stir together Clamato juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, tequila, vodka, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fill rimmed glasses with ice and pour cocktail over top.
- Garnish with grilled skewers.
Note: Simply replace the tequila and vodka with additional Clamato and pineapple juice for a virgin version of this drink.
Keywords: beverage, caesar, pineapple, tequila, halloumi