- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cumin
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) red lentils, canned and drained
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) chickpeas, canned and drained
- 2 cups (500 ml) V8 Vegetable Cocktail
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
- 12 oz (340 g) sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups (1 L) Campbell’s Low Sodium Chicken Stock, prepared as per package directions
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry couscous
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh coriander
- pomegranate seeds, optional
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté for 3 — 5 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add garlic; sauté for 3 minutes more.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and cumin; stir to coat. Stir in lentils and chickpeas. Stir in V8 Vegetable Cocktail and tomato paste; simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and prepared Campbell’s Low Sodium Chicken Stock; simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Once all water is absorbed, fluff couscous with a fork. Add to stew; cook until stew is thickened.
- Portion into bowls. Garnish with parsley, coriander and pomegranate seeds (if using).