- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- seeds from 6 cardamom pods,â€¨ crushed
- 2 cups whipping (35%) cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups bread cubes from Raisin and â€¨Walnut Ciabatta Miche (day-old)
- 2 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, choppedâ€¨
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and cardamom seeds. Stir in cream and milk. Add bread cubes and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Transfer mixture to a 9″ square cake pan or 10—12 four-ounce ramekins. Sprinkle with white chocolate and almonds.
- Bake in 9″ pan for 55—60 minutes or bake in 10—12 four-ounce ramekins for 20 minutes. â€¨Serve piping hot or warm. If you prefer your pudding on the sweet side, try adding a little of our favourite caramel sauce.
- In a small saucepan, simmer ½ cup of the heavy cream with the ginger for about 10 minutes. â€¨Set aside.
- In another small heavy saucepan, cook the sugar with the lemon juice over low heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar caramelizes to a light brown colour, 10—15 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tbsps of heavy cream. Remove from heat.
- Strain the cream into a bowl and whisk in the caramel until smooth. Serve warm.